Head of Crisis Team
Paschalis is a graduate of Aristotle’s University of Thessaloniki, Faculty of Law and a trainee lawyer. His legal interests range from Public and Private International Law, to Financial and Corporate Law. Additionally, he has participated in his Faculty’s team in “Jessup Moot Court 2021”. Although his Faculty cancelled its participation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Paschalis wrote a 2000-word pleading for the competition’s case, which was focused around the matters of State’s mistaken anticipated Self Defense against a Non-State Actor.
In October 2020 Paschalis, alongside with a team of fellow law students founded United Nations Society AUTH, a Union made by students for students interested in Diplomacy, International Relations and the International Law. The Union is mostly focused on preparing and training the Faculty’s MUN teams, which represent our Law School in Greek and International UN Simulations. At the first year of its activities, UNSOC ran completely digitally, as the pandemic tackled all live activities. From the position of the Treasurer, Paschalis digitally directed the Union’s Fundraising and was responsible for monitoring the fulfillment of the Members’ monetary obligations. Paschalis continues his involvement in UNSOC’s board for the academic year 2021-2022; from the position of the Secretary General, Paschalis is responsible for digitally managing the entirety of UNSOC’s internal and external paperwork affairs.
Moreover, Paschalis has worked as the Head of the Press Office of the Municipality of Lagadas from February 25 to October 25, 2021 His responsibilities, during this period, were the compilation of the Press Releases and Announcements of the Municipality of Lagadas, as well as the management of the Municipality’s Website Facebook account and YouTube channel. In addition, Paschalis was responsible, alongside with the rest of the team of the mayor’s office, for the organization and promotion of the Municipality’s cultural and social Actions, Initiatives and Events.
Throughout his law school years, Paschalis has participated in multiple Simulations, Student Societies, Voluntary Teams and Working Groups, in which he was seeking to take a leading role. More specifically:
1. Already from the first semester of his legal studies, Paschalis participated in his Municipality’s Municipal Youth Council, in which he took the lead as regards the formation of a committee about local culture affairs.
2. In May 2019 he participated in his first MUN, ThessISMUN 2019. This was a unique experience for Paschalis, and a huge opportunity for him to start sharpening his social skills, his use of the English language and his knowledge about Diplomacy and International law.
3. Paschalis continued his involvement in the Municipal Youth Council for another year, this time as a board member, serving as the Council’s Secretary General for the season 2019 – 2020.
4. In October 2019 he participated in the MUN conference Rhodes MRC (Model Regional Cooperation), in which he played as the delegate of Poland in the North Atlantic Council, alongside his colleague and friend, Dimitris Lolitsas. They worked as a team and managed to get awarded with an honorary mention.
5. Paschalis also participated in LIMUN 2020. More specifically, he participated in the simulation of Bandung Conference, a historical committee about decolonization. In LIMUN, he had the opportunity to work with his co-delegates and friends, simulating the solution of serious problems that had concerned the developing countries in the 50’s and the 60’s.
6. In October 2020, Paschalis and four other law students created UNSOC, a student’s organization regarding diplomacy and international law. His involvement in UNSOC’s board, for the academic years 2020- 2021 and 2021- 2022, gives him the opportunity to sharpen his social and leadership skills.
7. Paschalis took part in the NATO’s simulation of Thracing on MIC (Model International Crisis) 2021, representing Turkey in the North Atlantic Council. In this conference Paschalis sharpened his communication and negotiations skills, managing to turn the tides on his favor and winning the Best Delegate Award.
8. Paschalis participated in ThessISMUN 2022 as the co-chair of NATO. From this post, he had the opportunity to experience MUN from the perspective of the Board and gain significant new experience.